Background

August 1, 2010

Beach Day with Best Friendie

In an earlier post, I mentioned the stuff I wanted to do this summer. Do you remember? Here, I'll show you again!

- Go to a Cubs game!
- Go to any zoo!
- Go to the Chicago Botanic Gardens
- Spend a day in Chi-town
- Bonfire!!
- See fireworks
- See a movie!
- Learn to play poker
- Get past "easy" on guitar hero
- Find the man of my dreams
- Make a small college scrapbook
- Go to the BEACH!
- Go shopping and buy a ridiculous outfit
- Go to a concert!
- Go to Six Flags for a day
- Ride on the back of a motorcycle

So yeah, it's a random list, but I have been able to complete a few up until this date! So this post will be focusing on, "Go to the BEACH" point on my list.

During the Family Fest weekend, I was talking to Shannon and we realized that she had Monday off of work. We brainstormed things we could do together, and the beach immediately came up. I was so excited, I actually texted my mom and asked her to check the weather forecast at that exact moment.

Thank goodness she doesn't ask me too many questions anymore, and just realizes that I am just pretty strange.

Anyway, she texted back, "85 and sunny. Any particular reason why you are asking?" Excitedly I answered that Shannon and I wanted to get our "beach on" or something bizarre of that nature. I don't actually think I got a response... haha.

After an eventful drive down to Chicago, finding an expensive place to park, we made it to Oak Street beach. It was beautiful! And sunny! Shannon and I immediately laid out to get some sun! "The sun never sets on a couple of bad..." well, you get it.

Sadly, I dozed off while laying on my belly and was a little crispy. But we were hungry and hit up the little bistro. It was cute! This was our beach lunch.

Shannon was excited for her chicken fingers!

While I was pumped for my turkey sandwhich, I was a little pissed that our water was so expensive, and to get a cup (to share) cost another 2 dollars! WHAT?

After we ate our rather pricey lunch and headed back out to the beach. It was a nice day. Awkward for the person in the foreground, but still fun!

The sand was SMOKING hot so we jumped into the lake. Man it was freeeeeeezing!

It didn't take long for clouds to roll in tho, which was sad

When the sun did peak out, we ran out to the lake to enjoy it as much as we could. I could only go in as far as my knees cuz it was soooo cold!

There are a few funny stories about this picture. First, while we were in the lake, a man walked up to us and asked if we were in a lake or an ocean. That's totally normal. Then, he walked away and sat right down next to our stuff. We were freezing, but didn't want to go back to our stuff until he left. Shannon's sister and friend joined us and we goofed around until he left. The wind picked up and we walked back to pack up and go home. For a second, we wondered if the creepy man was our stuff!!

Oh man, it was a fun afternoon for both of us. We got away, relaxed, hung out, and had some random fun. We both were like, "We are actually relaxing on a beach!" I had a ton of fun.... and hopefully I can go one more time to the beach before the summer is up! :)

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

What a fun beach day!