Background

August 9, 2010

Being Grow-ed Up: My new digs

Growing up.

It's kind of stressing me out, honestly. But before we get all feel-y and emotional-y, let's go through the basics:

On the 17th, my wonderful parents packed up the van with my belongings to travel back to ISU. (Ok, and my car was pretty full, too. I have a lot of stuff!!) 2 hours later, I was checking in to begin my first full time job as an Assistant Residence Hall Coordinator in South Campus at ISU. Whew! (If you are a relative reading this, yeah I haven't posted about it before now because it was hush hush for awhile!)

So... YAY Amy has a full time job! In the Housing Department that I loved so much during my undergrad! Only small downside... living in the residence halls for a fifth year. Don't get me wrong... I love the halls.... but 5 years in a row? Haha, guess I can't get enough. It'll be hard to pick up guys!

Well, I wanted to document before and afters of moving into my very own apartment. Even though its in a residence hall, its mine, its more than 1 room, and I love it!

If you know me, the thought of having my own kitchen is scary - I am a horrible cook!


This is a good portion of the stuff my parents lugged down with them to help me move in! This will be my living area. (What you cant see, is how much moving of furniture happened before this picture was taken!)

My kitchen table with even MORE junk on it to move in!

My apartment has two bedrooms, this is the second one! (Didn't get a good pic of the main bedroom)

Well, we arrived at ISU around noon, I got my keys, moved everything into the apartment, went to lunch, bought things I forgot/would need, and we came back to assemble a few things. My parents were great, it was a VERY long day of driving, moving, shopping, and being patient with my furniture placement. THEN I insisted I wanted a desk and my dad thought I needed a good chair, so we went and purchased them (and a few more items....). That meant... I needed help putting it all together. By the time they were done helping me, they didn't get back up north until after 11pm!

After a day or so of unpacking and personalizing, here is my kitchen! Complete with flowers, I need to have plants near me. :)

Looking back on this, I should have done something creative with those magnets! And that stove in the corner - electric. That = scary. :(

My living area with more of it unpacked. That blanket is sadly protecting my couch from a leak in my ceiling.

My bedroom.... let's call it the master bedroom. That's got a fun ring to it! Haha. I LOVE my comforter!

Opposite of my bed is my desk and work corner. YES, I know how hectic it looks, but this is how I like my work area. :)

Every day I come up with new ways to make it my own, little pictures, etc. It's been fun having my own three rooms plus a bathroom, but a little strange because I don't have Shannon living with me anymore! At least there's only a few human sized roaches that keep me company.... :P

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Thanks for sharing the pics! I like to see what your living space looks like! And I absolutely LOVE your bedspread! And I almost typed "breadspread"! Ha!

Uncle Ed said...

Extra bedroom....if Aunt Kathy kicks me out I can come stay with you!