Background

August 28, 2010

Colorful Office and Martinis

So, it is currently Saturday. Let me tell you what I have done today:
  • Woke up around 9am
  • Took over the washer and dryer to do 2 loads of laundry
  • Helped a co-worker write an incident report
  • Ate lunch with said co-worker
  • Took a nap
  • Folded laundry
  • Cleaned apartment
  • Watched Shrek 2
  • Worked on a small project
As you can see, there has been little to no time spent out of my apartment. I find leaving my abode sucks me into my employee's endless questions. It's Saturday, I'm not supposed to work!

I have been verryyyyyy worn down, but we'll save that for a later post.

So what is in this post? Random stuff, really. Because I feel random today!

Remember how my office looked before? Yeah, I needed some wall art! I like it much better now!

After cleaning my apartment, I found an old tree calendar. PERFECT!

Two friends bought me an orchid and it currently has made its home in my office to bring me much happiness :)

**Just a note: these picture no where resemble what my current office looks like. This week I will post an update, it's much busier! This was right before Move-In

Speaking of Move-In.... that baby wiped me out! It took a lot to deal with crabby parents, early mornings, late nights, and hot days. I can't believe some of things parents said to me!

Parent: I need to talk to someone in charge
Me: That would be me, what can I do for you?
Parent: I am so upset about how today has gone!
Me: May I ask what you are concerned about?
Parent: Well, first of all, you don't have change behind your front desk, how is my son supposed to get change for when he washes his clothes?
Me: We do have a change machine in the back lobby that takes $1 and $5 bills to assist with that
Parent: Well, all I have are $20s! And it's your fault I can't get change.
Me: If you go across the street to any of the restaurants, I'm sure they would be willing to give you change for your $20
Parent: Yeah, whatever. And you know what, your building is built so confusingly. My son is on the second floor and I got so lost trying to find the exit. If only someone would have helped me understand how this place is laid out.
Me: Umm, I'm sorry you were confused.
Parent: I need get out of here.

Yeah... well, multiply that conversation over three days. It was very exhausting. So, a co-worker suggested getting off campus for a bit before the last day of move-in.

This is me and my good friend down here, Maria!

A beverage I thoroughly enjoyed while off campus... a diva martini!

My goofy friend really wanted a picture with the plastic horse!

So a friend and I followed suit! A little smooch for the horse!

I'm glad to have found friends down here that I can rely on and lean on when times get tough! In a bit, I will post how things are going with my job and some more pictures of my crazy busy office!!!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Your office looks so much cuter already! I can't wait to see even more recent pics! So happy you are settling in and have good friends to keep you company!