Background

August 3, 2010

Father's Day Gift

Yes, if you do the math, Father's Day was quite awhile ago! But that doesn't mean I can't update you all on it! And a cool thing about this - is it was on my summer to do list, too!!!

One of the gifts that my aunts gave my grandpa was a Chicago Cubs game with his grandkids. As soon as I heard that, I was PRAYING that I would be in town and free to join everyone on the trip. Thank goodness for my aunt making sure that I would be! :) June 30th, the crazy family went to a Cubs game!

Jack, Ben, Aunt Jean, Grandma and Grandpa drove down to Wrigley while Dad, Doug, and I took the el into the city. Of course we hit some traffic, but we got there in enough time to find our seats and enjoy the setting!

Welcome to Wrigley Field!!! Yayyyy!

The great Ernie Banks!

It was quite an ordeal to find our seats, but we got there in enough time for the first pitch and National Anthem. Since we were so far back, Doug hoisted Ben up to see everything!

What a beaaaauuutifullll view! You cant tell, but it was chilly and windy out there!!! I ended up wearing my dad's coat to stay warm!

We played the Brewers... and while I thought we had a chance of winning, I was quite wrong. :(

We all had fun despite the cooler weather and loss! (I swear, Ben's face says he had a blast! Hehe)

It was fun to hang out with everyone... that was just about my last time hanging out with family before I moved back down to Bloomington Normal. More on that soon!!!!