Background

August 2, 2010

Things I Do For Fun - Part 2

So today, I was called out of my office because a guy from the Heating and Cooling Plant wanted to get into my apartment to look at the leak in my ceiling. (No big, it's only been 2 weeks.) Well, that was at about 4pm, and I'm supposed to work until 4:30pm. Seeing how it was my supervisor who came to get me, I figured it was ok to leave.

Now, I'm sure I haven't mentioned it on here, but my office is about.... 20 steps from my apartment door. So it's not like I was far away while I went to meet him.

I met him in the lobby and brought him back to my apartment (no one else has keys except for me). Ok, how awkward is that? Leading some older guy to my apartment? Whatever, it had to be done!

He climbs up on a ladder and starts screwing around in my ceiling in my living room... for like 15 minutes. First I started off by watching him at my front door. Well after the first 6 minutes, I was like, "My god, Amy can you be any more creepy?"

No, the thing I do for fun is NOT watch men in my ceiling.

So anyway, I retreated to my room and cleaned up my desk and remembered my printer was claiming paper jam - with no paper in it. I didn't have the patience to tinker with it after I moved in, so I decided now was as good of a time as any. I started looking around for the problem, and found that one of the trays was jammed in the back. Hmm, ok.

Well, in about 2 minutes, I had let myself unscrew every screw in the bottom of the printer and removed every piece that was removable. Then I found the problem!!! BOOYA!

At this point, fixer man had to leave to get more parts, and I ran back to my office to grab my stuff since it was passed 4:30pm. (Yeah, ran. Sure... I walked my 20 steps, grabbed my bag, and walked 20 seconds back. Let's not get over dramatic here.) I came back, changed, and went back to work on my darn printer. The guy came back and went back into my ceiling and I resolved the problem!! I am so cool. Seriously. Time to put it back together. Woot!!!

Errr wait. Where did these pieces go again? Oh crap.

Things like this shouldn't happen.

Well, I was so darn excited about taking it apart, I forgot where all the pieces were supposed to go. I finally got it together after a lot of cursing and losing screws. Yay! Right? Oh wait, what's this?........

I found a random white piece of plastic on the floor. Crap, I have NO clue where this goes!!!!

If you want to know the current status of my printer: It is still claiming paper jam, the small tray I thought was the problem.... I didn't even put it back in the printer, and that little white piece is still sitting on my desk, begging to be put in its rightful home.

Sigh.

Geek squad, be there soon. Things Amy does for fun = hurt electronics for no reason.

1 comment:

Judy said...

Amy, Amy, Amy! Have you not yet learned taking apart electronics is never a good idea if you really have no idea what you're doing??? Hope you find a home for the plastic piece and all works again. By the way, what was the diagnosis on your ceiling leaks?