Background

May 17, 2010

Playing with Plants

Have I talked about how much I LOVE my greenhouse job?! I'm not sure if I have....

I LOVE IT!!

Well, I love it so much, I took some more pictures and wanted to share some recent projects that I have been doing with my boss!! A few weeks ago, he asked me to transplant a bunch of little, TINY plants into their own pots. When I say little, tiny - I mean TEENY TINY... smaller than my pinky finger nail! It was SOOO tedious, but he needed them for the annual plant sale that the horticulture club sponsors.

This is a picture of those baby transplants. :) After 4 hours of transplanting and 3 weeks later, look how strong they are!!! Don was really impressed that I had a 95% survival rate! Haha it's the little things that make me happy!

Everything on this side except the red pots are mine, too! Very healthy peppers and basil on this side!

Here are some more of the plants I was taking care of for the sale!

I felt pretty good that I was able to help propagate some of these plants! I love this job and will definitely miss it next year! Even though there were some really monotonous days, I love being able to get dirty and help out!!!! :)

No comments: