Background

May 16, 2010

Break It Down

Let's get back into it!!!!

I left off with Spring Break in my last post, but the next thing that went down was the Charity Ball that ARH hosts each year. Yes, this was back in March!!! But it is worth blogging about because it was such a successful event!

I have been to three charity balls in my time.... well I guess only two. I'm pretty sure the Charity Ball my sophomore year was snowed out and rescheduled for Easter weekend! Haha anyway, so this is the second, technically, that I helped out. Last year's Charity event was called "Clubbing for a Cure" and was a great hit! We haven't always had the greatest turnouts at these events, so it was amazing. This year, we went off a similar thing - trying to play off the dance party idea.

We went with the name - "Going Gaga for Charity - Just Dance!" Haha it was so fun, and I wish I still had the fliers to post! They were amazing!

The point of the charity balls are to raise money for a charity that the general assembly chooses. This year, the American Heart Association was picked because a girl who was friends with people in the general assembly passed away from a heart attack/heart disease at the age of 19. We wanted to raise awareness to the young people about this awful disease!

Here are some pictures of the actual event. I did not plan, only assisted our programming chair but it was definitely a blast and success!!!

This was one of the tables, such cute decorations!!!

Shannon and Glenn putting some streamers on the chairs for some color!

Breaking down some dance moves in the Old Main Room in the Student Center. I have so much fun dancing with these people!!

A group of some of my favorite people who came to the dance! I love ARH!

Shannon and me posing at the dance! Roomies! We dressed inversely because we are basically awesome hahaha

The clean up crew after the dance! :)

I cant remember the exact amount we raised, but I believe it was over/close to $400! It was a lot of fun and a success. A few pictures I didnt catch were the acapella group that sang during our Earth Hour (an hour were we turn out the lights and save electricity) and me dancing wildly to a Britney Spears song. It was called "If U Seek Amy" and everyone realized that my name was Amy, so a huge circle appeared around me! Haha, I am glad there aren't many still pictures of that, because it's pretty scary! :)

It was definitely a good time and good memory to have!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

You have so many wonderful memories!