Background

January 24, 2010

More Math/ SALT Saga Part 4

Ok, let's revisit some math equations:

Today: January 24th
SALT winner announced: January 20th
Days since announcement: 4
Status of my nerves: Just fine
Reason for not posting the result: Can't you guess?

At 8:20pm I received an email from the Consultant for the nation (he was in charge of notifying all of the candidates). When it finally came up, I froze. ALL day, I was refreshing my email and fidgeting to finally hear who won... and now we had the email! My heart was beating louder than a train driving through my room. Shannon sat on her bed and stared at me, waiting to open the email.

I finally took a huge breath and clicked on it and started the read the email:

I want to personally take the time to thank each of you
and your institutions for submitting a bid for this year's
Student Award for Leadership Training (SALT).
It was extremely exciting to see and read all the
wonderful bids that came in.


This year, we had 11 schools submit bids from 7 of the regions.
The National Board of Directors spent a lot of time
reading, discussing and providing feedback for all of the bids.


This year's winner is:
Missouri University of Science and Technology

Congratulations!

The email went on to say that we will be receiving personalized feedback from the National Board of Directors within the next week, and we will receive a copy of the first newsletter which will spotlighting all of the submissions.

I sat at my computer, and reread the email about 12 times to make sure I didn't misread the winner's school. My heart literally broke, and my eyes teared up. A lot of nerves and emotion leaked out when I saw we had lost!!! I notified all of the people who were following and hoping we had won. :( It was a sad, sad few hours, while I had to realize that I was not going to be going to any more conferences to show off how great our retreat is.

I'm obviously doing better now, and the school that won obviously deserved it! I am REALLY excited to see feedback about our bid and see what we can do to improve our retreat for the future. :)

1 comment:

Stephanie H said...

Good for you for your positive atttitude. I'm sure your bid was amazing!