Background

January 16, 2010

"It sounds like it's going to take off!!!"

Oh yeah, that is referring to my laptop! I don't know how it happened, but it started making a horrible shaking noise at the beginning of last semester. The sound was definitely comparable to a helicopter or airplane starting to take off. I could rarely watch anything on my laptop because I couldn't hear it above the noise!

All along, it would overheat and I had to buy a cooling mat. Not even joking, I used to keep chocolate candies in my desk drawer..... they all melted after having my laptop on for a few hours! Suddenly around November, it would spontaneously turn off and wouldn't load again for at least 20 minutes. It was starting to stress me out and I was afraid I was going to loose everything on my laptop.

And enter - my new baby!!!! I spent a billion days in Best Buy (ok, seriously, I did go there every day for 4 days) and looked at different models, tested them out, and asked really random questions of the sales associates. (I think by day 5, when I actually bought the computer, they didn't actually think I was ever going to buy anything.)

So, thanks to my Dad and extra money in my college fund, I was able to purchase a brand new, QUIET laptop. :)

My closed, lovely Asus laptop. Yes, those are finger prints. Haha, they are hard to see until the flash of the camera makes them obvious!

I am now ecstatically the owner of Windows 7, and this sleek Asus model :)

It has an amazing number pad (I know right, such a weird reason to love it) and its own operating system as a back up!

I am pretty much in love with this inanimate object.... I mean it's hard not to be! So happy to be computing from such a great computer!!!! :)

2 comments:

Erin said...

Amy. I love your post so much. I LOLed when I read it. I swear. I am so glad you were able to get a new fancy computer to replace the taking off helicopter! Congrats!

Stephanie H said...

Love your new computer! That is so exciting. And I would be super excited about the keypad too. I love a good keypad. I think that is one of the worst parts of a laptop (not having one). I would like a new computer too. But I want a desktop to sit in my office so I can bring my laptop around and still have access to all my junk!