Background

February 23, 2012

2011 Christmas Eve


Look! Another Christmas celebration blog post! After enjoying reminiscing about the V-A Christmas, I am excited to write about the annual Christmas Eve celebration at my grandparent's house! You can see last year's blog post about it here.

 Sadly my camera battery died before the night even started, so I don't have any pictures. :( I stole all of these from Megan, my cousin! Thank goodness she brought her camera!

The night started out with the usual goofing around and hanging out. I actually started to feel sick... my nose was clogged, a got a tickle in my throat, and I was really tired. Oh no, not on the best day of the year! :( Luckily for me, my dad tracked down a pharmacy that was still open and bought me some medicine! Luckily that helped me survive the night.

A fun tradition Megan and I have is doing all of the Christmas dishes after dinner. We started it about 6 or 7 years ago to help my grandma out... and now we have Jack and Ben in on our tradition!

What can I say? Megan and I make washing dishes fun :)

A shot of our butts! Megan and I kept a close eye on the kiddos with the delicate Christmas dishes :)

I love this picture! The four dish washers with my grandma!
I gave Tommy Megan's camera while we were washing dishes and he started wandering around the house taking pictures... this would be the adult table after dinner. Well, adult table isn't right... there happen to be 4 adults at the kids table. Haha. (Doug, Annmarie, Megan, and me.) But we've always called it the adult table!

During the dish washing marathon, the boys were stolen for a picture. Megan and I were like "REALLY?? Right now??" But then we saw that this was the picture they took. All of the boys of the family. I love it! :)

A cute picture of Megan with Jack and Tommy!

Our annual Christmas tree picture! Sadly we were missing Annmarie again this year, she had to work! But she was there in spirit and we missed her!

Ben looking so cute in front of the full Christmas tree!

There's always a lot of commotion as we prepare for hours of gift opening!

I made sure that Megan go this bag! She loves penguins!!!

Ben and me hanging out while the "adults" opened their gifts!

Jack lounging while the adults opened their gifts!

What another great Christmas Eve. Each year we gather at my grandparent's house, load up the Christmas tree, eat lots of spaghetti, play games, and open gifts. For some reason, this tradition just DOESN'T get old! Each year my grandma tries to convince us to change the menu... and we just won't have any of that! There was even talk of moving Christmas Eve from my grandparent's house to someone else's... yikes! I know some day it will have to happen, but I hope that day is far away. Now that Jack and Ben are older, they are starting to love the tradition as the rest of us do!

I can't wait for next year, already. Even if some day we just gather to eat and I become to old for gifts, it will still be one of the best days of the year. I love having the family all together like this!!! <3

No comments: