Background

February 11, 2012

Winter To-Do List Update

Remember my Top 8 list of things I wanted to do this winter? If not, you can find it here.

I thought it would be a good time to see how I'm doing!

1. Go ice skating - Can you believe I have never been ice skating? It's true, never once. I'd like to try it some time! Although I can probably predict some injuries from that haha.
Negative. I haven't come close, let alone even considered it! I actually forgot it was on my list. It's only February... do you think I can still try it??

2. Build a snowman - I don't so it's think I'll ever outgrow building a snowman. They are just too cute. :) No one could guess that my parents have a 23 year old living with them. Ha.
I think part of the reason I haven't done this one is because we haven't had any significant snow!

3. Go to the Walnut Room - I've never been to the Walnut Room downtown, either. It would be so fun to check it out. Chicago in winter is so beautiful!
Well, it looks like I've totally missed out on this one! The holiday season always seems to fly by... and I didn't have any time to go downtown! :(
 
4. Make college scrapbook - I keep putting off all these scrapbooks that I want to get done...  so it's about time I get cracking on them! I have 3 in mind right now, so I am eager to at least get one done this season. It will be good to have a project to work on after Christmas cards are sent out.
Ooo ooo! I have this one sort of started... I ordered the supplies from Stephanie when she hosted a scrapbooking party. They supplies haven't arrived yet, but I am excited to pick out the pictures and get started!!!!!

5. Go Christmas shopping with a friend - I absolutely love Christmas shopping... but it is usually a lot more fun when you do it with a friend! The past couple of years, I have shopped alone because I lived alone or was the only person not working during the day. Hopefully this year will be different.... (if I don't happen to buy a lot of in online!)
Wow, this is depressing... haha. No, I did ALL of my Christmas shopping alone this year. Like I said before, the holidays snuck up and flew by me again! I managed to do shopping during my small windows of free time between work, working out, baking cookies, and cleaning!

6. Have a movie night with some girly friends - I haven't had a movie night in a long time, it would be fun to watch a chick-flick with some friends and eat chocolate. Yum! I'm definitely not having enough girl nights.
Did I have that movie night with Stephanie after I wrote this? We watched her wedding video and 10 Things I Hate About You... it was awesome!!!!! I love hanging out with her! I am going to go ahead and assume we did that after this post, haha. :)

7. Do a holiday project found on pinterest - I pinned a million things I wanted to do for fall on pinterest.... and I didn't do any of them.  :( So I want to do at least one of the projects I found for winter!
Uhhh.... sort of! I found these adorable dessert recipes on pinterest and made them for my work holiday party and for family parties! Brownie Santa hats for work party. A melting snowman for the family parties. I want to still make some of the other winter projects I found... but not sure if I'll do it! I like doing projects with someone! Haha.

8. Go to Kriskindlemarket - I loved going in high school with my friends. Warm treats, cool vendors, and cute crafts. I'd love to go back this year and see how it has changed!
Aww, sad again. Never got downtown for anything over Christmas. I need to get there sometime next year!!!




Well it looks like I have done a less than medicore job of my winter to-do list. How sad! I do still have some time to do some of them! Is there anything else I should add to my list this winter?

No comments: