Background

February 6, 2012

Help young filmmakers achieve their dreams!

Howdy! This post is a little out of place considering all of the posting I need to catch up on... but it's important to do this now!

I've mentioned my brother, Doug, and his passion for film making before... but I've got a little something different to post about his current project.

He has a buddy, Casey, who is working on his senior thesis project. It is about George Lucas and his journey to get Star Wars into production.... and Doug happens to be staring as George Lucas! Here is a teaser for the film that Casey posted:



I am so excited to see the final product! Especially because for some reason I love Star Wars and I'm really proud of Doug and his acting... usually Doug says he is not a good actor, but I was super impressed by these shots from the teaser.

The film is set in the 70s, thus Casey needed to buy some period appropriate clothes and props to make it authentic. Also, in March, Casey, Doug, and a few production staff members are headed out to LA to take a few shots in front of the Hollywood sign. With all this mind, it has cost Casey a lot of money to work on this student thesis film. He wants to do a great job as well as catch the attention of Star Wars fans everywhere.

He needs your help to make this film the best it can be, as well as help absorb some of the costs of making a film as talented as this one. Check out this video he and his production team posted:


You can visit his Kickstarter page here and donate money to his cause. I am trying to help spread the word because the team only has until the end of February to raise $6,000, and I know how much they all need the help. And also, Doug has played such an important role in this film, I want to support him as much as I can!

Keep in mind, there are prizes you can choose from if you donate a certain amount of money... but in the end, every penny you can donate will help the team.

Let's get to $6,000, everyone!!!



***Note: Doug's thesis film, which he is also working on, is set in modern day time and he does not anticipate spending nearly as much money. If you are concerned about pledging for him as well, you probably won't need to!

No comments: