Background

February 5, 2012

Thankful for...

In order to get back into my normal posting routine, I'm going to have to rewind all the way to....

THANKSGIVING!

Yikes. Considering it is February, this is quite the jump. Of course, I want to apologize for how boring and irrelevant this probably is to 99% of you... but in order to remember and enjoy these special times, I want to write about them! And if you do the math, you'll end up suffering through Christmas and New Years, too. :)

So I had the idea of writing a post about the things I am thankful for... how cliche, right? So at work, I came up with this sort of set up to switch it up a bit:

T


H


A


N


K


amily and friends



U


L

Then I couldn't be creative enough to fill in the letters! Geez Amy!

So here is a list, in no particular order, of the things I am thankful for this year (originally written in November 2011):

My amazing parents who support me and love me despite my faults... spending weekends in Ohio with my grandparents... long talks with my brother... being able to have a high school and college education... Sunday mornings at the farm... Spring Valley and its outlet for me as well as its preservation of nature... my amazing bed... the Eric and Kathy morning show on the radio...  the relationship I have with my extended family: cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents... my favorite stuffed animal, Buster, still being in one piece and still having the ability to comfort me... having a wonderful laptop and access to internet... my mom's delicious cooking each night... my smart phone and its ability to let me communicate with Erin when she is abroad... pasta (any and all forms)... laughing... my GPS unit... trees and people letting me plant them in their yards... having an appreciation for nature... being able to landscape friends and family's houses... working at ISU for a year to meet Maria... having two lifelong friends who are more like sisters and cousins (Erin and Stephanie)... being able to travel to New York twice this year... my iPod... being asked to stand up in Erin's wedding... finding time to rediscover my love of reading... facebook and its ability to let me connect with friends and family all over... having support in order to find a job that is a good fit for me...

There's the list I wrote at work during the week leading up to Thanksgiving! Did you post about Thanksgiving? Do we have things in common? What's one unconventional thing you're thankful for?

Hang in there, lots more throwbacks to come. :)

No comments: