Background

January 3, 2011

Christmas Eve - the night to trick my cousins

I. Love. Christmas. Eve.

Seriously... it's my favorite day of the year. The entire family gets together, eats a feast of gramma's pasta, and we get to enjoy seeing each other happy and grateful for the gifts we receive. I actually lose more sleep before Christmas Eve now!

Of course the day started with me jittery and excited to get over to grandma's house. The day before I was cleaning and organizing so we would be ready to go on Friday. Finally it was time for us to get going!

Once everyone started arriving, we all lumped in the TV room to watch Christmas movies together. I thought it was cute how many of us crammed in there at one point!


What a goofball! It looks like someone is tickling him, but he is just giggling really hard :)


After our amazing dinner, Megan and I usually do the dishes. We've done so for the past 5 years or so. Some how we "tricked" our cousins into helping us. It was adorable. :)


While we had Jack hard at work with the dishes, Ben helped us by wiping down the table, counter, and stove!


A very cute picture of the my dish washer partner in crime!


After dinner and the oh-so-famous after dinner jello... we went to play some games with the boys. This would be the start to a very intense game of war hehe


After the intense game of war, we got a 10 person game of Uno going. Talk about INTENSE... get some Italians together to play a child's game! Haha it was hilarious how closely they were reading the rules and how cut throat it got!


And here is the annual grandkid picture. Yes, if you do the math, we are missing one cousin! :(

Annmarie got a great job down at school, and had to stay over her break. We missed her, but tried to "include" her in the traditions anyway. There's a silly picture somewhere of Uncle Matt holding up the phone where Annmarie was on the other end. Haha, I loved that! She still got gifts, stocking stuffers, and an ornament gift. Hopefully next year we'll all be together.

I have a whole load of pictures of us opening gifts, but I don't want to bore my very few, loyal readers. It was great... the boys were thrilled with their gifts and everyone had fun unwrapping, telling stories, and laughing. I love this day and I really hope that it doesn't ever change... well, any time soon at least! I hope your Christmas Eve was special, too! There will be some more Christmas posts, so hopefully you won't get too bored! ;-)

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

What fun family holiday traditions! I love seeing this!