Background

December 6, 2010

My Awesome Weekend & Thanksgiving In My Apartment

Well, as you recall, I had a super awesome weekend planned - Shannon and her mom visiting on one day, and then my mom the next day. It was gonna be awesome... and it was! I am a little bummed because I didn't take ONE picture the whole time!

Shannon and her mom came by and it was so fun. We stayed up, chatted, watched the Nanny, and played Yahtzee. Sounds like a bunch of old lady business, honestly, but it was a blast. Even though I was on-call for the night and got about 1,000 calls, Shannon and her mom were super patient. We even had our favorite take out - D.P. Dough. :) Shannon and I stayed up talking until almost 2am... just like the good times!

The next day, Saturday, they left and about an hour later my mom arrived. I was thrilled! We sat and chatted, I answered about another 1,000 calls about how Haynie didn't have hot water, and we started working on our Christmas cards. Thank goodness for my mom because she is good at designing... I'm typically just there for opinions, lol. We started mass producing and got a good portion done! I am so excited about how they look! When my on-call was over, we went to dinner at a Chinese place I like. It was so fun - no one eats Chinese with my mom!!! She spent the night and I promptly PASSED OUT when my head hit the pillow. With staying up late with Shannon and being on-call, it was rough.

The next morning we hung out some more, worked on the cards, got lunch, and my mom was off. As she was pulling away, I burst into tears. I didn't see it coming!! But I sobbed and sobbed for the rest of the day. I was feeling incredibly lonely and I just wanted to go home and be with my family! It was a verryyyy long week until Thanksgiving Break....

But my oh-so classy decorations helped me get through it! :)! Haha, they make me so happy and I have fun doing it. :) So for your viewing pleasure... more of my apartment!


My mom sent this adorable little group and I sent them up on my kitchen table

I also decked out my walls with these guys all over my living room!

Of course my piggie got his new outfit. Shannon's mom thought he was dressed as a German person. Haha it cracked me up - he's supposed to be a pilgrim!

And finally, my FAVORITE decoration, my super cute turkey on an end table. I just love him!!!

No comments: