Background

December 22, 2010

Christmas in my apartment

Hmm. Sorta seems like my blog has been a lot of posts consisting of what my apartment looks like for the holidays. That's sort of sad. But you know what, this post is going to be the same way. Why? Well, I'm at a loss for things to talk about... and I really LOVE my decorations, so I want to share them!

Stephanie and Aunt Kathy sent me this orange Christmas tree right before Thanksgiving. I LOVE it!! I dug around in my mom's ornaments to find some that wouldn't overwhelm it haha.

Throughout the years, I have acquired many deocrations that other people just don't want. Haha.. luckily the two heritage Santas are some of my favorite!

I decorated my 3.5 foot tree again this year, and it was pretty sweet that I didn't have to worry about either Shannon or me tripping over it! By the middle of the week, I had presents to put under it. :)

When we were in Ohio for Thanksgiving, my grandma wanted to try to throw this out... so I took it. :D I love it!

If you're keeping track, this is the third Christmas tree in my apartment. Haha... I just LOVE Christmas!

Can't forget my holiday pig! He's Santa now!


It's crazy to look at these pictures and think that just last year, I was cramming most of this stuff in my residence hall room! While I was decorating, I was a little sad... there was no Shannon around to ignore my awful carol singing and laughing at my "reject" ornaments. Talk about change! I loved our traditions as just the two of us in college. Somehow for 4 years, she put up with my INSANE decorating of the room, over usage of lights, and constant Christmas songs playing on the iPod. While I LOVED my apartment this year, there was a part of me that really wished I wasn't alone in it - and that Shannon could be there trying to ignore it! It was definitely good times and I miss them! But I look forward to creating more traditions as I go where life takes me.

Last year, small residence hall room. This year, 2 bedroom apartment (still in a res hall lol). Next year? Lord only knows....

Merry Christmas! I'm excited to share how the rest of our holidays go!

No comments: