Background

June 21, 2010

*Warning!*

I interrupt your daily routine to give you some breaking news about....

MY FOOT!

Oh yes, I know. There are probably 28370283027 of you who are looking forward to knowing how my foot is doing. I will quench your desire to know how it looks, feels, and functions!

Things have been going great, I am actually comfortably walking barefoot and wearing a few different types of sandals. Am I allowed to? Not actually sure, but I'm living it up while I can!!! :) I stretch it, walk on it, and push it to its limit every day so it's like I am in physical therapy.

About two weeks ago, I went to the doctor for a post-surgery check up and the doctor was VERY pleased. He is a little worried about it healing crooked so he gave me a fancy little toe spacer. Other than that, I don't even need to go to physical therapy because my range of motion is so great, as is the strength. Booya!!!

*Pictures to follow!!!*





They put tape over it, but I wear it now without tape. It looks horrible and uncomfortable but it's actually really comfy! It keeps my big toe straight and keeps the muscles and bones healthy while its healing. I think this really attracts the men!


My feet next to each other. Swelling is doing great! Still have some discoloration in this picture, but at least its not black and blue!

I had an x-ray taken and the doctor says I have about 1/2 inch of swelling by the scar. That seems like a lot, but it's actually not bad for post-op 4 weeks. Today, it looks even BETTER, but why spoil you all with so my foot pictures in post? I should really space them out, right? :)

Stay tuned for more breaking news photos of my foot and its healing process! Hahaha!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

It does look so good! But I haven't seen that spacer. Are you wearing it?????