Background

June 26, 2010

Things I do for fun

So, it's a quiet Wednesday morning. I wake up rather late (because I'm cool and can do stuff like that) and one thing pops into my mind.

I want to weed a garden.

Trust me, I am aware of how.... not normal that sounds. This may explain the low number of friends I have... hmm....

Anyway. So I woke up, and wanted to weed a garden. My backyard and front yard at my parents' house were looking pretty good cuz I was taking care of them basically every day. (Since I like to do it so much) But I DO know of one other garden.....

After some errands, I headed over to this special garden. Here is what I walked up to:

Shoot! I LIKE doing this stuff????

Well, I do... so after situating myself with plenty of fluids, music, and gloves I went to town. I originally wanted to plant cucumbers in this field, but I'm sure it wont work out anymore since its the end of June... But there is something hidden in the weeds!

If you haven't guessed, I went over to Stephanie and Adam's house to bum around their land. I started weeding a patch we knew had a crop in it... and then Adam joined me to mow! Looks AWESOME now!


The section I spent just about 4 hours cleaning out! Yikes and it's not even close to being done!

Ahhh there's that special crop! STRAWBERRIES!!! Adam and his brothers stumbled upon them one day and they were being smothered by weeds. Strawberries need plenty of sunshine and they weren't getting any. Plus the weeds were holding water and many of the berries were rotting.

Yes, this is an installment of "Things I do for fun." Please stay tuned for further episodes that will surely rock your socks, and probably make you wish you were my friend.

Hahahha. I kid. :)

Hmm, but I should really get over there and install that strawberry net....

1 comment:

Erin said...

LOL you are funny funny! And totally weird! I love you for your garden-y weirdness, as clearly Adam and Steph do too.