Background

December 17, 2009

V-A Christmas

Or is it A-V Christmas? Which comes first? It doesn't really matter because it's ALWAYS been awesome!

Each year since... forever, my family and the As get together for a Christmas celebration. I believe we have not always served pasta, but that has been the case for the past 10 years or so. :) Sure, we've filtered in various boyfriends throughout this couple decade tradition.... but the important parts have remained the same - family. :-)

We are holding our annual traditional dinner, gift exchange, and good times on Sunday, and I am just so excited! This year will be different as Erin will not be joining us (as she is still serving in Morocco) and the only boyfriend attending is actually a fiance now! (My dad made the rule a few years ago that boys are only allowed to come if they are going to end up marrying into the family!) At least Adam has that official invitation now!

Trip down memory lane preparing for this year's tradition:

V-A Christmas 2007
Myself and Doug watching Aunt Kathy open a gift she was not expecting!

Erin and nonimportant boy watching Aunt Kathy realizing that the gift is cute snowman bowls! She loves snowmen!

Stephanie received holiday flip flop ornaments from us!

First thing about this picture: The caption was 'Adam H' on my computer because I wasnt sure he was going to stick around and just incase I needed to remember his name. Second: Adam and nonimportant boy both got puzzle boxes from us and they raced to see who would open them first. Adam won. He's a keeper!

V-A Christmas 2008
Adam and Stephanie as we arrive at their house for Christmas! This year will mark Adam's 3rd V-A gathering! Do we need to add H in the name now?

Stephanie, Doug, and I orchestrated a video for Erin from VBS while she was in Morocco. We surprised her with the finished product and she couldn't help but cry at how much the kids missed her! My mom, Erin, Aunt Kathy, and Stephanie enjoying the video.

Erin brought home a knife for Doug, and we all joked around all night, "Doug, put the knife DOWN!" I think Adam got one, too!

Adam and Uncle Ed enjoying pictures and memories we were scrolling through on their huge TV!

This is a selfish picture, but I just love it! Erin, me, and Stephanie for our celebration in 2008. We will definitely miss Erin for this year's dinner, but she'll get to see as much of it as my, Stephanie, and Doug's cameras capture!

I wish I had more pictures electronically to share from past years, but they are sitting next to me as hard copies right now! I dont have a printer near me, or I would certainly scan them in and embarass Stephanie and Erin! Though I'm sure there's a few good ones of our moms, too! ;-) I am looking forward to creating more memories and enjoying another V-A Christmas with the best used-to-be-neighbors-ever on Sunday. Stay tuned for pictures of that!

2 comments:

Stephanie H said...

LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!