Background

December 18, 2009

SALT Bid Saga Continues

Ok, so in this entry, I had updated everyone on the SALT bid, what it is, and how we won it for the region.

We have been waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting....

Wait.

We? No, it's been ME who has been waiting anxiously for an email. Let me start again.

I have been waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting.... for an email to say our bid is eligible for National recognition. Reminder: I submitted this sucker the Monday after Thanksgiving! The wait has been incredibly awful. I kept reviewing things to make sure I had included all the appropriate aspects, and then second guessing myself.... I just wanted to get past this first step! And it seemed to be taking the National Board of Director forever to decide :(

I can honestly say I have been checking my school email about.... 48 times a day. Everytime I had an email, I would load it, then normally be really sad when it was junk. But today, TODAY was different. I got an email from the Conference Resource Consultant today. It read the following:

"Good evening, I am writing to officially inform you that your bid for
this year's Student Award for Leadership Training
has fulfilled the requirements as
noted in the national policy book.
Thus, your bid will now be considered for the national award.
"

Oh HECK YES! I got the email squealed, and did a dance. FINALLY! It's good to know we actually got to this stage. *big sigh of relief* A friend told me today, "Now, you just have to sit and wait, no more worrying." HA.

Ok, he's right, there's no reason to worry, it's totally out of my hands now. Not like it wasn't before, but now that we are actually able to be considered, it's such a relief. However, I am on this streak of SALT all day, all night, and that has got to stop.

They announce the winner on the 20th. My friend also told me, there are no finalists, just the winner. So, somehow, I need to get to January 20th (a random Wednesday) to see if we won! I am not even sure how I feel about our chances, the bids aren't posted anywhere! Basically - I need to just STOP thinking about it!

But I wanted to share the good news. We're in. Now - we wait. The longest wait ever.

1 comment:

Stephanie H said...

Yah!!!! I am super happy for you!