Background

December 15, 2009

Christmas in Room 215

Ever since freshman year, I have brought a plethora of Christmas decorations back to school with me after Thanksgiving break. It's sad/sick that I end up bringing 2 whole boxes of JUST decorations, but I absolutely love having such a jolly room. :)

Somehow Shannon has put up with the loads of lights, junk, and three Christmas trees - for the past 4 years! This year was no different, and I spent about 3 hours putting it all up the Sunday after Thanksgiving. (And a few hours that week refining it all.) We only have 1 week of classes and 1 week of finals between Thanksgiving and Winter Break... but I still do it anyway. :) Hey, even though it's finals, it's time to enjoy the season!

Regardless, I stretch the rules juuuust a bit during this time of year. :-P Don't worry, all of the decorations were taken down and returned to Schaumburg when we traveled back from finals. It's back to plain, boring room 215. Here are some pictures of what we had hanging up:


Starting on the back of the door, we hung up the swag I made in class!

Above Shannon's bed, I put our 3rd (mini!) tree and some random other things

This is the shelf above Shannon's bed: A dumb garland, random snowmen, a duck, and a creepy necklace!

Space between our desks: stockings, stuff animals, more lights, and a brick reindeer

Two Santas representing my heritage on the DVD player: the one on the right is Czech and the one on the left is Italian. :)

On top of my printer: our 2nd Christmas tree, with LED lights! ;-)

On the shelves above my bed: a jolly pig, random figurines, and snowy trees

Our 3ft Christmas tree on a table! Right in the middle of the room. :) I have the best roommate ever to let me do this!!!!

Myself and Shannon posing in front of our tree. We always take a "family" picture in front of the tree.. and this will be our last :(

As I'm sure you can tell, none of this is actually of real quality. :-P It's actually all stuff my mom threw into the garbage at one point, and I took them back out! After she saw these pictures, she couldnt believe the junk I salvaged! But even the rejected stuff makes Christmas jolly for Shannon and me during the stressful time of finals! Even the ugly ornaments, atrocious garland, and broken figurines make us smile!

Some of the things I did not take pictures of: we have 2 strands of lights going around our room all year long - needless to say they are on 24/7 during this season, 2 strands of icicle lights hanging from our celing light, a rope light around our TV stand, a long garland strung from Shannon's bed to mine, a yule log DVD that plays all day on our TV, and a star above our door.

Most of what I mentioned in the above paragraph is not allowed in the residence halls! :\ Needless to say I didnt take pictures of them, but I did take a nice long video of them. It's on facebook if you're interested, it's a little too long to put on here! Dont worry, it is all taken down, and was only up for a short time. Even if we got into trouble for it, we thought it was worth the Christmas-y feeling we had for these two weeks! :) We're seniors in the res halls, for goodness sakes!

Soon I'll post pictures up of my house in Schaumburg to show you just how crazy I REALLY am! I brought most of this home to decorate ;-)

I hope your home is jolly and cozy this season, too! No matter how classy your decorations may be! :)

2 comments:

Erin said...

Yay for awesome decorations and a blog update!!!!

Stephanie H said...

Your decorations are so neat! =) It is fun to make your place jolly. I love holiday decorations. But I am sad I don't think I get a tree this year. There is no place to put it in my house now!