Background

December 7, 2009

Final Arrangement!

My floral design professor keeps us working until the last class. On our last meeting, we had a 25 point quiz on making a bow. Eeesh, bows are NOT my forte. But I managed to earn all 25 points :)

That wasn't the end of the class... we got to make a holiday arrangment. In this case, it was a swag.

Ok, before I go on, do you know what a swag is? I talked to cousinErin, Shannon and other friends about it, and all of them were like, "What the heck is a swag?" I am including a link to the definition in addition to my picture. I did NOT make a ghetto form of walk in my floral design class.

Ok! Back to the story. :) We were given a variety of evergreen foliage and were taught how to make a simple swag. I loved it! They are pretty easy to make, but the tough part is finding the size greenary you want to use. I was given some pine which, if you didn't know, basically oozes the entire time you use it. Pine sap is sort of gross and is really hard to get off our hands. By the time I was done, both my hands were nice and black. It also made it hard to work with the pine cones!

Regardless, I really like it... and it makes our room smell very holiday :D Hopefully I can find a place to hang it when I get home for break! Stephanie, do you have a place you'd like to hang it?

Here we go! This is hanging on the back of our room door. I took everything off the door except the small dry erase board that is hanging behind it... so you can sort of see random colors thru the swag! My apologies!

So how do you like that bow? I may or may not have made it. :-P Anyway, this is my last floral design arrangment. I am sad that it is over! I'm going to try to keep practicing skills when I can (and when I can afford various flowers!) Hopefully I'll get to attend a floral conference in March! (Nerd)

2 comments:

Judy said...

i love the swag!What a nice way to end the class. And if Stephanie doesn't want it, we can definitely find a place for it at home.

Stephanie H said...

Very nice! I will definitely find a place for it. =)