Background

January 29, 2011

Christmas with "Family" + the new guy

I promise - this is my last post about Christmas. I had a goal to finish Christmas posts in January so we can leave that behind. :P

I had to share one last favorite tradition about Christmas time. I have posted this a few times in the past. You can read about those times here and here. Ever since I can remember, we have gotten together with our "family" for Christmas. It's right up there with my love of Christmas Eve. We usually switch between my mom hosting and Aunt Kathy hosting. It's hilarious because they will always "bicker" about it and try to convince the other they can host again. This year though, Stephanie stepped in and offered to host at her NEW house this year.

I think it was a great idea! I mean, it was Adam's first year of being "officially" apart of the family so it was only appropriate. Even though Stephanie and Adam were hosting, some how my family still brought the pasta sauce! Hey, it wouldn't be a Christmas without our pasta and the whole family together!

As mentioned before, since I lost all of my pictures on my old computer, I don't have any to share with you... but I did steal some from Stephanie... so if you follow her, these may look a tid bit familiar! I'll keep it quick. :)

Before dinner, we sat and watched Doug's video he made for a final product. We were all pretty impressed and it was fun to show what he has worked on.


A picture of our "family" eating dinner together at S&A's house!


After dinner, we started to open gifts.


Erin opened up a gift she was VERY excited for - a yoga mat!!


A picture of the 3 girl cousins on Christmas!!!!


And I thought it would be sweet to end with a picture of the hosting couple for this year's celebration!


Even if some day we don't buy each other gifts and we eat old Chinese food... as long as we are all together, it will be one of my favoritest days of the year. :) It was a super fun celebration, again this year!

Aaaaaaaaaaand............ this is the end of Amy's Christmas updates! Thanks for being patient with me as I finally was able to update!!!

2 comments:

Judy said...

Hope Adam isn't offended by being called "the new guy"! LOL

Stephanie said...

This better be a long lasting tradition!