Background

January 24, 2011

Christmas Day

Is it weird to write about Christmas about a month afterward?

Well, if you say yes - please consider my horrible computer catastrophe! I just saved some pictures from my facebook so I could write this post... which is not even half of what I actually took sadly! Regardless, here is what I have to share.... :)

Christmas this year was a TON less dramatic than last year. Do you remember? The basement flood? Yeah, we didn't have that issue this year... something we were ALL thankful for. :) We slept in only because we wanted to this time!!

We had another fabulous Christmas as a family. I can't even wait to talk about this part... so I'm just going to jump to the best gift that we got this year...

My mom made us quilts!

Here it is up close... It's all flowers!!! I just LOVE it!

Doug got one as well... all film related!

I was surprised to open this awesome gift! Mom made it all by hand for each one of us. I love how thoughtful this gift was. It is currently hanging up in my apartment so I can look at it each day. :) It has little beaded embellishments all over it, too! I'm lucky to have a crafty mom... My kids probably won't be as lucky haha....


Doug also opened this army-ish coat. I'm sorry that I'm not sure the significance of this coat, but he was so excited about it so I wanted to post it! lol


I had to post this picture because it is funny. :P I've been joking around that I don't have a pizza pan or pizza cutter in my apartment so I resort to interesting methods to make pizza... I was pretty excited to open this gift up! Haha


Mom might not be too happy with this one... but Dad and I planned to get her a craft cabinet/storage/work area for her craft room... and we planned to have it delivered the day after Christmas... except it was delivered the day BEFORE. We had already made a certificate saying it was coming in the mail... so we gave it to her anyway and told her to pretend to be surprised!


And here is a funny one of my dad (to make it even!) haha... He asked for a rotisserie for his grill... except when he opened up the box, he totally forgot he asked for one and was so confused! It cracked me up!

It was a very fun Christmas morning... as usual, my parents got carried away with our gifts. But I know Doug and I feel very luck to have such generous parents! Mom made us some very yummy breakfast and were lucky to have our grandparents over for dinner later that day. Christmas is one of my most favorite times of year... family, traditions, and generosity!


1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I hadn't seen Doug's quilt yet! They are both so neat!