Background

February 7, 2010

No, no. I sound like a sick, pubescent duck!

A pubescent duck? You got it!

So I have not updated in about... forever. My goodness! Getting back into the swing of things here at school was REALLY tough for some reason. I was adjusting to new work hours, and then starting a brand new job on top of that. Then, my class schedule is very monotonous, starting at 10am, ending at 2pm every day. Oh I know! Sounds like a dream, right? Haha, well that means all of my meetings (average 10 hours a week), office hours (average 8 hours a week), office assistant job (6 hours a week), and greenhouse job (3 hours a week) all have to take place after 2pm! My days may start at a nice 8am, but they do not end typically until 9pm!

Now, into the fourth week of the semester, I have finally got the hang of it. :) I really enjoy my new classes, and I just LOVE my second job! It's good to be busy and back into a crazy schedule again. :) Just as I was getting into the swing of things again, I came down with the craziest illness I have ever had!

It started out with a really sore throat after a meeting on Sunday night. I thought maybe my throat was just dry because of how much I talk. :P However, that was hardly the case... I woke up at 4am on Monday morning with a feeling comparable to swallowing needles. It was absolutely horrible! I blindly felt around for some cough drops and stayed up for an hour, trying to beat it. When I woke up again around 8am, I knew that this was bad. I booked an appointment for the health services.

Can I just say something? That strep throat test is just CRUEL! The nurse was so nice! But when she started to shove that cotton swab down my throat, I actually pushed her hand away. :\ Ooops. She went try again, and I backed my head away from her. She ended up having to hold my head in place and threaten me... hahaha. It was funny but awful. THEN after all of that, she told me that it was too early to have the results back any earlier than 24 hours. With that, I bought some throat lozenges and some juice and went to class.

Throughout the day, it went from bad to worse. I ended up canceling my meetings and office hours to try to rest up. My head started to throb. I felt nauseous all day. Then my nose started to get plugged up. Then extreme pressure in my sinuses. Then non stop sneezing. Then a runny nose. Then a wicked, phlemy cough. Then more extreme sinus pressure. Then pain and popping in my ears. Then no voice.

That brings us to today, Saturday, February 6th. Talk about a LONG week! I missed 3 classes, 3 meetings, 6 hours of work, and 6 hours in my office! I could have used more time to recover on Thursday, but I needed to get back into the game! Thank goodness for my midnight trip to Walgreens on Wednesday night.

Midnight trip to Walgreens? Oh yes. Shannon and I were watching TV Land (because we're so cool!) and there was a commercial for a certain over the counter medicine. I decided it was too good not to try and she convinced me to go out and try it!

This. Is. The. Greatest. Ever. I highly recommend it if you come down with the plague that I did! By Thursday, I could actually hear myself think, and breathing... OH breathing was so much easier!

I spent Friday catching up on sleep, and today catching up on errands. Tomorrow is catching up on school and ARH, and then enjoying some Super Bowl! Oh, and of course some more blogging! I have so many things to update in the past few weeks since classes started again! Thanks for reading :)

No comments: