Background

February 8, 2010

Basement Saga Pt. 2

I bet you were wondering about how the basement has been doing since the Christmas Flood of 2009. Things are certainly coming along! Granted, I have not been home much to help with getting everything back down there, but my wonderful brother helped from what I heard. :)

I went home a few weekends ago for bridesmaid dress fitting, and my dad was very giddy to show off the new carpet. Now, all I had in mind was this image:

So whatever was added was going to be a huge improvement in my mind! For the past 25 years, our basement had a ocean blue carpet color. Actually, that's a great description because Doug and I would pretend we were scuba divers, Olympic ice skaters, and astronauts due to that carpet color! :) Doug was already at school when I had come home, so he had already been exposed to the new color. I held my breath and opened the door to the basement....

Once I got to the bottom of the steps, I got to see the new color in our basement!

The basement was installed with our teal carpet!!!! What do you think of the color?!

A shot of the basement from the stairs. The color isn't too dramatically different from the original, but I like it!

In this post, I showed all of the damage to our bookshelves from the water. But my parents went to the store to find some replacements!

They picked out a beautiful cherry colored type of bookshelf! This is just one of the many they purchased to replace all of the ones we lost. I have not been home to see how they look all put together with Peanuts collectibles displayed, but I am excited to!

This afternoon, my dad said to me, "the basement is basically 90% restored as of today." I cannot wait to come home and see how it looks! It looks like our basement saga is almost coming to an end!

1 comment:

Stephanie H said...

Very exciting to have things back to normal!