Background

October 30, 2009

Contemporary Piece

On Thursday in my floral design class, we talked about funeral arrangements and vase arrangements again. It was fun to use some exotic flowers this time!

We were allowed to pick between Bird of Paradise or Dendrobium Orchids. I was totally in love with these orchids so I chose them!

We got a very fancy vase to use this time, too! This arragement has orchids, curly willow, bird of paradise stems, and a leaf I cannot remember the name of. :\

As you can see - very contemporary! I wanted to leave the leaves solid, but we were required to alter them. Haha the two options we had were slitting them down the midrib or fold them into themselves. I had chosen the later, but during transport (in the rain and wind) the leaves ripped and I had to alter them to the slit style. I thought this was fun!!


PS I am going to take a better picture soon! The wire was cut off in this photo and the contents from under Shannon's bed are showing! :p But my battery died!

::EDIT::
New picture!

No comments: