Background

February 19, 2011

New Years Resolutions

Just like I did last year, I wanted to make some resolutions and write them down. Now, as we know, I didn't do such a great job keeping to my resolutions last year as the summer started. That's not cool! So I made another list for this year and hope to stick to these and better myself!
  1. Get into shape - I had surgery on my foot back in May of last year. Woohoo! Except as a part of my recovery, I had to avoid using it until January. I understood why I had to be careful, but that also greatly reduced the amount of activity I could do. I pushed myself to the limit right after surgery until Stephanie's wedding so I would be in shape for that, but since then I have limited activity so I didn't reverse the surgery. Now, I am feeling quite out of shape and unhappy with how I feel. I'd like to get back into shape and feeling better! Losing a few pounds wouldn't hurt, either! And of course the appendectomy pushes things back a bit!

  2. Continue to work on not being late - I am doing a little bit better about being on time. As a matter of fact, the RAs today thanked me for being on-time to check-in since other pro-staff typically aren't. That made me feel better :) But overall, I'd love to stop stressing myself (and others) out because I'm late!

  3. Find more time to do things I love - Well, this also means.... find more things to do! I think this is mainly applying to living in Normal. I spend so much time working, coming home, and working from home. Example: it's the weekend and I brought home time cards to fill out.
Let's hope these three stick for the year... I'd love to feel better about all 3! Do you have anything you're working this year?


**Disclaimer. This post was actually written in January, but a few things prevented it from being published.

No comments: