Background

September 15, 2010

Labor Day

Horray for me! I was able to get travel granted to leave campus for Labor Day. This was exciting for a few reasons:
  • I hadn't been back up north since my Dad's birthday in July
  • I had a short list of things I needed to bring back to my apartment
  • Austin was playing at a street dance
  • Stephanie and Adam were moving into their house officially
  • It was the weekend of celebrating my grandmother's 80th birthday
There was a ton happening and I am so glad I was able to come back for it all! Came back into town Friday night after driving with Megan. It was fun for us to catch up and for me to hear about her classes, roommate, and how she's liking ISU. We got into town around 7:30pm, so she went home to her family to eat dinner, and I was greeted by my parents as well. With... a HOME COOKED MEAL. Something I suck at is cooking anything besides pasta... and let's face it, my stove scares me enough as it is. Yum yum yum, I LOVED enjoying my momma's coookin'!

Saturday morning was an impromptu birthday breakfast for Doug. My mom cooked his favorite breakfast, we gave him our gifts and chatted as a family. It was very nice and fun to do. :)


I got him this clock. Ok, I know its random, but he's been eying a similar one that my grandma has in her basement, and there's no way he'll get that clock - my dad will! So I got him a similar one - hopefully he likes it!

The rest of Saturday was running around town - got my car's tire fixed, got new cell phones, and then went to watch Austin sing. As I have mentioned a thousand times, he is trying to get the word out about his singing and song writing! I am a big supporter, so I try to make it out when I'm in town.

Austin on the stage singing some of our favorite country songs!

Closer up! It was a beautiful day for it, too!

After Austin sang, the corny DJ got the kids up and dancing! It was so cute!

Sadly I couldn't stay too long at the street dance, I had to get to my grandma's birthday dinner. She was turning the big 8-0! My dad and his sisters planned a nice dinner at a beautiful, yummy, restaurant. Most of us kids came into town and we were all there for her!!! We even surprised her by bringing her 89 year old sister in, too! It was great to have everyone together - even if we are the LOUDEST people in the restaurant. Hey, we're Italian!

Grandma and Grandpa posing with the cake!

My wonderful cousins who joined me at the wacky end of the table! :)

The group toasting, eating, celebrating, and just being plain awesome!
My grandma opening up cards and gifts after we surprised her with the cake canolies!

I had to end this post on this goofball. I have a whole folder of goofy pictures of him! Haha!!

It's times like these I can't wait for the holidays for us to all be together again!!! Until then.... I loved my Labor Day weekend!

No comments: