Background

July 12, 2010

Colgate Showdown

I don't really like Colgate toothpaste. I'm more of a Aquafresh girl. Big on the paste, not gel... and I like the minty-ness of Aquafresh. I also particularly like how the colors are the same as the Italian flag. Sooo, it's a pretty easy choice when it comes to toothpaste purchasing.

Was that where this post was going? Hahah I think not. :)

A few weeks ago (did you notice how far behind I am on blogging? My goodness!) I went with Austin, Heidi, Tony, and Jessica to watch Austin compete in the Colgate Showdown. Check out the website, it's pretty sweet! Austin got passed to this stage and was invited to play at Joe's Bar downtown on Weed Street. We were excited to support him!

Colgate Country Showdown banner behind the stage

The emcee introducing Austin! Wooohooo!!!!

Starting to sing his songs

We were so excited for him!!!

Peace!!! He did a GREAT JOB!!!! :) :)

There were eight contestants total. They ranged from solo artists, to two person groups, to full bands. It was a little strange, because how do you judge them equally? Either way, Austin did great... he played one of his songs and an Eric Church song, too. I think we did a pretty darn good job cheering for him! Haha. Well, after all the contestants sang, they announced the winner. It was a band that has headlined for another country band before! That had us pretty confused.... but it's ok, he still did great! After that, there were a few bands and then the main attraction. I have to include a picture of this guy... he's... sort of a hunk.

Yeah, Keith Anderson was the headliner for the night!!! I asked him to be my date for Stephanie's wedding and marry me. He didn't give me a straight answer to either of those questions....

So I had never heard of Keith Anderson until we went to Joe's... and I am QUITE glad we stayed for the whole thing! Ohhh yeah! And there was a big ol' surprise during his encore!

Da group at Joe's! What a cute pic!!!

Then, these guys showed up!!! Do you recognize them?? THEY'RE THE CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS!! HOLLAAA!!!

At that point, it was only Tony, Jessica, and me... and we were SCREAMING so loud!! It was amazing luck that they Stanely Cup champs showed up at the Keith Anderson concert! What an awesome memory to end a fun night!

More importantly, here is some information on Austin Hopkins. Check out his stuff, support him, and be a fan!!! He does great stuff!!

Facebook fan page: Go here
Myspace page: Go here
Bandcamp page: Go here

Yeah, this is shameless plugging, but he does deserve it! Go check it out and leave some comments, go check out his Open Mic nights, and enjoy!!!

No comments: