Background

July 1, 2010

Are you tweeting your peeps?

A few weeks ago, we celebrated Stephanie's second bridal shower. I have not and will not post about them because she does a great job in her blog! I have this gut feeling we share quite a few readers, so I will spare you repetitive details, but seriously go look at the pictures and fun times that were had at each one!

She had some relatives in town from North Carolina, and they had the idea to bring them downtown to the Field Museum. I got a text the night before inviting me! How special I feel to be invited to their family excursions! :)

The next morning we set off for Chicago with Erin has our driver. Erin, Stephanie, their two cousins, their parents, and their dad's cousins joined us. We were a big group, but let me tell you, there were some hilarious times to be had!!!

We started out with a very hilarious parking debacle and a walk over to the John Hancock building for lunch on the 95th. WOW was it yummy food. Sad part - it was probably the cloudiest day of the year. It felt like we were eating in the clouds! I didn't get many pictures of lunch, but afterward we set out for the Field.

Part of the group walked to the museum and the other part drove. I was in the group that drove and we took some pictures around museum campus and the lake!

The Field!!!

The walking group had a LONG way to walk, so the driving group went inside and took some pictures! Stephanie and her daddy in front of Sue!

We ran up to the second floor and found some fun, random statues to pose with. Stephanie - DO NOT TOUCH THE STATUES!

Since I can't find a date to Stephanie's wedding, I asked this fellow. We call him, "Form Fitting Loin Cloth Man!"

While we were goofing around on the second floor, we saw the other half of our group show up! We showed them how to get upstairs to us and then waited.

Wait!!! Elizabeth had the idea to run to the other side of the 2nd level. So while our group was walking up the stairs, the four of us sprinted to the other side. It was HILARIOUS when they got upstairs and we were waving from the other side!

Once we were on the other side, we discovered the Hall of Plants and I was basically in love. We sped through the section and realized we didn't take any pictures with me and a plant! So I found this plant to pose in front of in the dinosaur section

After the Hall of plants, we wanted to see the Mastodon exhibit... except it was already closed. We wandered over to the Egypt exhibit to catch up with the other part of our group. Stephanie hates standing on glass, but Elizabeth got her to for a quick second!

The driving group got to the museum early enough to get stamped on our hands and it was hilarious when Stephanie asked why we got pigs stamped. They are actually the spot dog from Target!

Most of the group posing in front of a gorilla. Doris, one of Uncle Ed's cousins, is missing from this very cute family picture!!! Of course, I'm pretty sure Uncle Ed is making the picture absolutely priceless....

It was a very hectic, fly by the seat of your pants sort of trip, but it was still very hilarious! From parking, to walking, to running around the museum like a bunch of delinquents, I am so lucky to have been invited along!!! Maybe I'll have to return to the Field to really look around the Hall of Plants. :) Hmm, another installment of "Things I do for fun".....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha, ha, ha I loved your rendition of the day. It WAS a great day. Let's do it again sometime.