Background

February 21, 2015

Projects Galore!

I've been having trouble sleeping lately, so that results in me being on Pinterest during some very strange hours! I can't stop finding fun little house projects every time I'm on there. The only problem... I don't have a lot of extra money to throw around on cutesy projects like these. I do want to save up to do one of them... but which one do you think?

1. Super cute garden hose holder. Currently, my garden hose just lays on the ground next to my garage. When my Association repaved my driveway, I came home, the hose nozzle that was all banged up, the water was on, and the hose was covered in seal-coat. Not cool! So I would really like to get it off the ground with something like this.

DIY garden hose hanger with 4 x 4 painted wood + finial + hardware store hose holder.

 2. Fireplace make-over. The favorite part about my house: my fireplace. The least favorite part of my house: my fireplace. I absolutely hate how the fire place looks. My whole living room is decorated in earth tones, but the face of the fireplace is black marble with a chunky mantel. Yick. My mom found this product called Airstone. It goes over existing material and is supposed to be super easy to do. I want to do this SO BAD.

 Reface fireplace brick with Airstone - this sounds promising

 3. Mirror make-over. The mirror in my full bathroom is really large and really boring looking. I found this easy mirror make-over pin. You simply add some molding to the existing mirror with glue! It really classes the joint up! I'd really like to break up the mirror ratio in that bathroom!

$30 to frame the mirror. This site has lots of ideas on changing up your home for pennies on the dollar... - Click image to find more Home Decor Pinterest pins

4. Garbage can cabinet. Have you met Leia? If so, you would know that her favorite past time (after licking you senseless) is to go through garbage cans. The can I have the biggest issue with is my kitchen garbage can. There's so many goodies in there, mom! I found this tilt out garbage can cabinet. I am in LOVE with it! The problem... I am not very handy with projects like this. I would definitely need some help constructing this one.

Wood Tilt-Out Trash Cabinet - I would love to try this... Especially to keep Leia out of the trash can!


5. Mirror make-over. Another mirror make-over! In my half bath, I have a large, round mirror that actually came with the house. It is black and doesn't match the bathroom colors and I would like to change the color. Found this easy looking tutorial to do so!

painted the mirror with Paris Grey, it dried in 10 minutes, I put the dark wax finish on it, and was done!


Where do you think I should start? Easy round mirror? Or go big with the fireplace? Oh the possibilities!

No comments: