Background

March 5, 2012

3...2...1... HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I have been lucky enough to celebrate New Years Eve with Stephanie's husband's family. He has four brothers and they have adopted me into their family. One of my favorite traditions is New Year's Eve at Tony and Jessica's house. However, this year was a little different... Erin was in town with her boyfriend fiance, Wael! Usually we just hang out, play games, drink and eat... but we wanted to be more exciting for Wael this year!


Wael, Erin, and me on New Year's!
So instead, this year, we went to a local restaurant for a lovely dinner and dancing afterward. It was so much fun!

My date! Jessica's husband had to work and well... I'm single so we were each other's dates!
We enjoyed a delicious dinner as a "couple" haha.
Stephanie went around and took pictures with all the couples! Ha
Look! Erin and Stephanie got a picture together!
Erin and Wael hanging out after eating!
Two of my favorite people EVER!
We had a pretty big group!! It was wonderful. We laughed, ate, and drank into midnight.

Our wonderful group! It was awesome to celebrate with them this year!
Jessica and I being cheesy with our champagne
If you couldn't tell, Jessica is pregnant, so I took it upon myself to drink her champagne. And I found another glass on our table, and drank that one too. Haha.
AWWW, fiances smooching at midnight
Stephanie and Adam toasting at midnight

One thing we didn't anticipate was the dancing portion of our night starting with country music. The group that stayed to dance are primarily country fans... but poor Wael hadn't been exposed yet! His face to the line dancing was priceless! Eventually it switched to dance music and we got our groove on until 3am!

Stephanie's interpretation of country dancing haha
CaNdiD!
Dancing all night long!
Once we got tired enough, we went back to Stephanie and Adam's house to crash. I was reunited with my favorite futon (hehe) and slept like a log. The next morning we ate some breakfast and snacks, talked about the night's fun. It was another wonderful celebration with my pretend cousins! Can't wait to see how it goes in future years. :)

Stay tuned to find out what the group did on New Year's Day!!!

No comments: