Background

April 18, 2010

Spring Break 2010

This post feels very silly to write seeing how Spring Break was just about a month ago!! But since I am so behind, it's on my list of posts to write and publish. Is that weird that I have a list of posts to write? Haha, I hope not, but here it goes anyway!

The first weekend of my spring break, I was at the IRHA conference. We got back to ISU on Sunday, and I drove back up to Schaumburg in the rain, after a VERY tiring weekend. Sunday night, I definitely fell asleep watching TV!

I had a friend staying with me over break, so I brought her to Spring Valley to see the Nature Center and farm. The turtles were out sunning themselves!

Nicole just loved the turtles and how active they were!

We went up to the silo to see an scenic view of the property! Haha, I can admit that it looks prettier in summer, but it was still nice!

After spending time at the nature center, we had a BIG project ahead of us: making 200 Passing of the Gavel invitations!!! It took a LONG time, but they looked good. :)

We also went to meet up with our dear friend, Ted, who lives near me!!, to get dinner one night! It was fun to talk about stuff away from school!

We just had activities left and right!! We also met up with Shannon and went to an outlet mall in Aurora. It was AMAZING, and we goofed off with some HUGE glasses

There was also a Converse outlet store, and I am IN LOVE with these Chucks! I took a picture to encourage people if they need any gift ideas ;-) haha

Near the end of the Spring Break, we went to an Orchid House. It. Was. Amazing. Can you even imagine this many orchids in one place? It was BEAUTIFUL!

Here's a close up of a cattleya orchid.. I took about 100000 more pictures of orchids, but I wont post them all here. :) Sooooo pretty!!!

At the VERY end of break, my family took me out to dinner for my birthday. My grandparents joined us for some Italian food and wine. :) I love that they got to join me!!!

Spring break FLEW by!!! I had a bunch of things to get done and do and see, but it was still a fun week!! I can't believe it was probably my last Spring Break for a long time. ;-)

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

AND you played a rousing game of Bunco with your good friend Stephanie1