Background

April 11, 2010

Birthday!

My birthday used to fall during spring breaks during elementary and high school, so people never really heard about them unless I had party. However, at ISU, spring break always happens SO early in the month, so I typically have class or something! While it's been weird, its still sorta cool. :)

This year, I sat on the Student Elections Committee which oversaw the student elections for Student Government Association and ARH.... and my birthday happened to fall within the two weeks of heavy campaigning!! There were many a meetings for the committee and I was very overwhelmed with school work, ARH, and the SEC! My birthday seemed to almost sneak up on me, to tell you the truth....

OH but wait, my roommate certainly didn't let it sneak up on her!

She tricked me and got me to help her do one of her art projects in the art building after my meetings and classes.... and while I was helping here, there were devious things going on in my room! When I opened the door when we came back home, here is what I saw:


What in carnation is going on??? Haha I stood dumbfounded for a few minutes and realized that Shannon had given her key to a few of our friends who came into our room and decorated for my birthday! Can you see ANYTHING around all of these streamers?? Haha awesome!

One of the girls bought me the blanket I've been pining for throughout my entire four years at ISU!! Yay!!!!!!


Lucky for me, Kim and Brandon were still in the area, and came up to the room to see my reaction! I am SO lucky to have them as friends!!!

Kim, Brandon, Angel, and Kayla were the four culprits for the room decorating... they all made me cards and left me the most precious video on my computer! I was so touched, and that Shannon - such a devious one!!!! Thank you for a great birthday surprise everyone!!! :)

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

How fun! It makes me miss my college days.....

Anonymous said...

You have some amazing friends!!! I wish I had some friends as awesome as that!