Background

October 2, 2011

PINK

Not sure if you've seen my latest Foliage Friday post about a pink flowering tree or not....

But, I picked that tree because Stephanie asked to learn about "the tree that flowers pink in spring." I wasn't sure which one she was picturing in her mind, so I picked one to start! But then my mom suggested listing out a bunch of pink flowering trees that she could be thinking of since some people pick out trees because of how they flower! What a great idea....

Here are a few trees that Stephanie could have been picturing in her mind and would do resonably well in our zone and climate. See the redbud post below. That tree counts, too!

1. Saucer magnolia
There are a bunch of magnolia varieties and cultivars, but I chose the saucer magnolia because I know for a fact that it does well in our zone and I am sort of a fan. :)

Closer up of magnolia flowers

A little farther away of the magnolia
2. Crabapple
There are a bagizillion different kinds of cultivars of crabapple trees. I did a general search of pink flowering crabapples. These are pretty standard colors/shapes of flowers to get an idea!

Close up of crabapple flowers
I have no idea who that man is in the foreground!

3. Pink Kousa Dogwood
There are also a bunch of dogwood cultivars that flower pink, but I love the kousa and I believe it would do well in our area.


Close up of dogwood flowers
Farther away of the pink flowering dogwood tree
4. Kwanzan Cherry
I don't know too much about this cherry tree, but it is super pretty and I'm a fan of cherry trees, they are so pretty!

Close up of cherry flowers

Farther away of a cherry tree on a random slope
5. Pink Flowering Almond tree
I will admit, I know nothing about this tree. But I wanted 5 trees in this post and googled to try to find a 5th. I think this is really pretty!!!

Close up of almond flowers
Farther away of the almond tree. They have sort of a branchy shape, but still nice!


There you go!  A very pink-y post!!!

2 comments:

Erin said...

I love all the pinks!! I want all those pink trees!!!

Steph said...

I just realized I never commented on all these pink trees. I want all of them!!!