Background

October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

One thing about me that has not changed since I was 5, and probably wont change until I'm 95, is I LOVE to decorate. I'm not sure what started it, but I think many of my childhood memories included our house being decorated for the holiday season. (So, let's go ahead and give my mom credit for my decorating obsession! Haha)

Once I moved down school, my mom would send us a bunch of cute decorations for the holidays: Halloween, Thanksgiving, Easter, Mardi Gras, Chinese New Year... it was something I looked forward to each month! Once Christmas rolled around, she probably thought there was no point in sending us stuff because we were only in the halls for a week or so, but I took care of that one... I snagged a bunch myself and took it back with me. ;-)

Nonetheless, something that I love about October is the beginning of the holiday season. Oh, and I just LOVE Halloween. When I was in high school, my parent's house would be totally DECKED out in orange and silly decorations. With my own apartment right now, I tried to make it tacky to remind me of home. :)

I decided I wanted everything to be in my living room, so every picture takes place there. I'm not sure these pictures are very good, but rest assured, I have LOVED every minute of my tacky Halloween decorated apartment!

Above my kitchen table, I have pictures of areas I want to travel to... and some cute little Halloween signs

Above those signs, I have a light up strand of pumpkin lights. :) I love them!!!

In my kitchen, I just loaded up my fridge with some goofy little stuff! Hehe

Here's a close up of one of the ghosts I have flying around. You'll probably notice them in the pictures :)

Against the wall splitting the kitchen and living room, I added some more tacky decorations. Haha, I'm a fan of the witch!

Here's the cat head in the dark! I love my light up decorations!

On the wall with the windows (again, with the light ups!)

My light-up skull heads and holiday piggie!

A fake gourd with hilarious body parts. This is probably one of my most favorite decorations!

I have a bunch more pictures, but they didn't come out so great with the dark/light up factor. So Mom- don't worry, I'll have more pictures to show you at Thanksgiving! :)

I hope your Halloween has been spooky and fun, too!!!

1 comment:

Serge said...

I loved all your decorations but the thing that I loved the most was the great combination of your lights!