Background

September 26, 2009

A Blog!!!

You know, every time I read Stephanie and Erin's blogs, I get a little jealous that they can update friends and family from all around the country! I was thinking I'd try one. Now, I know my life is a little hectic, but I think those downtimes to udpate will be there! :)

I dont really know where to start because SO much has happened recently. But for this post, I am going to include pictures of the floral designs that I have been working on in my floral class. :) I love feedback, even negative, because I want to eventually plan Stephanie's wedding flowers. Haha, I do know that's a long shot, but I love to think about it, it's motivating.


The first day of class, we wrapped floral tape for about 1 hour. We also learned how to tie bows and wrap wire around flowers! This is my first creation, a nice little corsage! (I know the daisies look awful, my professor purposely did not buy nice ones!)

This is our first bud vase creation. Yellow carnations, baby's breath, and leather leaf mostly. I liked how this turned out!

This was our first round arrangment. The views are from the side and the top. I thought it was interesting, but not my favorite. It was a little too hectic. But out of what is coming up, this one is alright. Haha.

Ok. This one, I HATE. The form/style was easy, but the visual aesthetics are basically zero for me. The color, the flower, the random triangle... the worst part: my professor LOVED mine. Lol, damn.


This was a "vase" arrangement. At first I didnt like it, but as it sits on my desk, I am starting to enjoy it more and more. :) It has major Asian influences, so maybe that it what I have to get used to. This arrangment would cost upwards of $75!!

I'd like to preface with the fact that I have not watered this since I made it on Thursday. :-P This is our asymmetrical arrangment. I did a pretty horrible job with my foliage, I broke the barriers a few times.


That is what I have accomplished so far in my class. I love it, but I do need a lot of practice. It doesn't help that I am critical of the forms, but I am trying to learn. :)

1 comment:

Stephanie H said...

LOVE your flower arrangements! They are all pretty! SO excited that you are blogging!