Background

July 5, 2014

Summer is half over?!

I'll be honest, it's been hard to convince myself to sit down and write a blog post! Now that we're smack dab in the middle of summer, my busy season at work, I hardly have time to clean my house!

So far it's been a typical summer. However... it started off sort of rough with a surgery on my right elbow.... which also gives me an excuse about why I haven't updated. Typing is hard with just one hand. :)

I had 3 similar surgeries on my left arm in high school. For the past year, my fingers would go numb and weak in my pinky and ring finger. It started affecting me at work. It was hard to type on the computer, use the chainsaw, or grip anything for any amount of time. After some non invasive techniques, my doctor decided the ulnar nerve had to be moved and I had surgery at the end of April.

We were going slow during recovery to prevent the nerve from falling back into place (where it was being smushed and damaged),  so work was very difficult. I felt pretty helpless, not being able to drive or do anything. Well, I'm pretty sure I overdid it, because I have started feeling the numbness and tingling again a few weeks ago. You may see another post about another surgery. :(


In better news, my nephew-by-love was born in May. He is the cutest little guy, I can't get enough of him. He definitely helped me during my frustrating arm times and tiring work times. He has the cutest little old man face. Recently, he has started smiling and that just melts my heart!


Also, in more celebratory news, my parents celebrated their 30th anniversary. Doug and I worked on something somewhat sentimental and asked friends and family to send a letter or memory of them. I found a cute keepsake box to keep them in. It turned out pretty cute and I had fun receiving all of the memories. Here's to another 30 years!







In normal summer fashion, Stephanie and I spent a week straight co-chairing the Cool Delights booth at our church fest. Sadly I don't have any of the pictures from that week, but it's always one of my favorite weeks. Of course it rained, stormed, and was rather chilly during the Fest, but in the end, it's always fun to spend that time with Steph and this year with Eli!

Finally, Leia turned two. Two years old! When I adopted her, she was about 6 months old, and now shes two! My parents were wonderfully generous and got her some goodies, as well as a birthday bandana. Of course I went a little overboard for her birthday. She had a very fun day and enjoyed all her presents. What a spoiled little puppy!



Well, let's hope this is the start to more constant blogging! Hmm, better start brainstorming a topic for next time....

No comments: