Background

January 26, 2014

Home for the Holidays


In MY home for the holidays!


 
As I eluded in the post I wrote about my grandma, I was definitely weary of the holiday season. While we normally celebrated Christmas during our Thanksgiving visit and my grandma would still send a cute, thoughtful card and a stocking full of silly gifts. I wasn’t sure how I would feel about none of that happening this year.
 
I needed to distract myself from this sad reality.... And one thing I love to do is decorate for the holidays, so I sort of went crazy this year. It was the first Christmas in my new house! My first tree! My first traditions!


 
 
 You don't even know how long it took me to decorate this tree. It is my grandma's old tree and it probably took me 2 days to fluff! Then I didn't buy enough garland, so it is sort of incomplete. Add how many millions of needles dropped off it, the branch that felt apart, and how you could see straight through it at some angles... Haha


 I just LOVE seeing wrapped presents underneath the tree. My first tree!


My mantle. Sadly, I didn't have any obnoxious lights on my mantle this holiday, but both Leia and I had stockings and I also displayed my grandma's nativity.


 Got Leia some gifts to fill her stocking on Christmas Day. The stocking says, "Dear Santa, I've been a very good doggie."


 Decided to carry on the tradition my mom does at her house by putting up Christmas cards we receive on a door. For my first year, I thought I received a decent amount!


One of my end tables had a small Christmas trees with a few ornaments my grandma used to put on her tree, her old tree topper, her old "Noel" figurines, and one of the angles she collected. It was a way for me to celebrate with her
 
 
 
There you have it! The first Christmas in my very own house. It was very much wonderful!

No comments: