Background

August 7, 2011

Places I want to visit....

I have no clue where this post is coming from... but I was surfing the "travel" category on pinterest and I got to thinking about all of the places I want to visit in my life time. I overcame my fear of traveling alone and visited Erin this spring in New York City! That was pretty much an AMAZING trip, and I want more of those!

1. Italy - Let's act surprised that this is on my list, let alone listed first. I cannot even DESCRIBE my desire to travel to Italy, see the major tourist sites and see where my family came from. Now, more than ever, I wish I was able to do this with my grandparents and cousins. Not to mention that I would love to take a staged picture with the Leaning Tower of Pisa. Haha.

2. Egypt - Good thing is.... this will probably happen in my lifetime as Erin is ENGAGED to her wonderful boyfriend. I believe she will be having a wedding here in the US and in Egypt... and I WILL be going to both! Hopefully while I'm there, I'll be able to visit the pyramids. In school, I was in love with the Ancient Egyptian units, and putting the REAL thing in front of me would be so surreal.

3. Grand Canyon - I got majorly jealous of Stephanie when she went to the Grand Canyon for her 1st Anniversary. Her pictures were breathtaking! I think I would appreciate the landscape and natural wonder so much more given my current job, passion, and degree.

4. California - Doug has spent a summer semester out in LA for an internship, Erin and Stephanie visit frequently to see their grandparents... I feel like I'm really missing something! I'd love to see the Hollywood sign myself and dip my toes into the ocean and see the Golden Gate Bridge!

5. Hawaii - When I was in 5th grade, we were assigned a state to research and do a report on. Well, we weren't assigned a state, we were able to pick the state. And what state did I pick? Hawaii. Why? No clue. But I learned a lot about its culture and even today I still remember that project and the AMAZING diorama that my mom helped me make. What a beautiful island to see in person! My aunt and uncle have gone several times, and the pictures they come home with are just breathtaking.

6. Crooked Forest - In Poland, there is a forest of all crooked trees... I remember hearing about it in one of my college classes, but I saw it again on pinterest, and now I basically need to see it myself. What an intriguing forest to see!

7. Mount Rushmore - I'm sure it's one of those things you look at, take some pictures, and wonder why you made the trip, but I'm pretty sure it would be fascinating to see in person! Big piece of history. I think that would make my dad proud. :)

8. Eiffel Tower - I studied French for 6 years (don't ask me to say anything to you - it was not a gift of mine) and France in general fascinated me. But I think it would be amazing to see the Eiffel Tower at night, let alone eat breakfast at an outdoor cafe before going to an art museum.

I had a few other "natural" wonders written down somewhere and now I can't find it. My woody plants professor in college talked about quite a few amazing sounding places to see nature wonders, and I can't find the list I made! Hopefully I'll come across it... where do you want to visit? Do you want to join me on any of these trips? And/or help fund them? :) Hehe....

2 comments:

Judy said...

I know someone who'd like to head out west with you...

Unknown said...

What a fun blog post! I love it. It makes me want to make a list too!!! And if you come to Egypt you will DEFINITELY see the pyramids...maybe even go inside one!